Sunday 25 August 2013

Purple smokey eye



Hey guys,

I am back again with a dramatic smokey eye look perfect for the weekend. I did this look for a party I attended on saturday night and thought I could take some pictures and show you how I did it.
I used 3 eyeshadows for this look and they are
Inglot 73
MAC Sketch
MAC Texture
I also used a tiny bit of a shimmery pink highlight shade for the brow bone and inner tear duct.



I applied Inglot 73 to 2/3rds of my lid from the inner corner and also stayed below the crease.

MAC Sketch went to the outer 1/3rd of the lid and also used it to blend the two colours in the crease.

Above the crease I used MAC Texture to create a soft transition.

Applied the Inglot shade and Sketch to the lower lashline to connect with the upper eye and give a smokey effect.

I applied the highlight shade to the brow bone, only on the highest point of the brow and blended it either way. 

Using the same shade I applied a tiny bit to the inner corner of the eye to brighten it up.

Lined my lash line with Maybelline Stilleto eyeliner and applied False Eyelashes from Eyelene in Darling Defining which I bought from BigW. 

Then used Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara to blend my real lashes with the false ones.

I think purples look great on brown eyes and I always tend to prefer purple over black smokey eyes. I hope you enjoyed this look and do let me know if you ever try it out. I would love to see how it turned out for you.











6 comments:

  1. I am not a pro but I love trying out different looks!!
    Thank u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty ...Beautiful EOTD <3
    following u dear :)

    my recent one :http://beautyndbest.com/2013/08/29/sleek-i-divine-original-palette-reviewswatches-n-eotd/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tej!! You are very good at eye makeup too. Love your looks on niesha's blog

      Delete
  3. wow this is absolutely stunning Reshma!

    ReplyDelete