Sunday 25 August 2013

MAC Dare You Lipstick Review


Hey guys,

Today I am going to review this lipstick in Dare You by MAC. I think it is a very under rated red lipstick by MAC for Indian skin tones. A lot of you are crazy about Ruby woo and Russian red but how many of you have tried this lipstick? It is described by MAC as a deep brown red but I don't see much brown to it. It is a perfect ox blood red color. It is a Cremesheen finish which gives a slight sheen to the lips and is not drying on the lips. I find that you need to use a lip liner as it is quite creamy and can bleed. 

I did try on Ruby woo and Russian red but they were too bright for my skin tone. This was a perfect red and it can be worn sheerly too as a tint on your lips. I find that this colour lasts me 3 hours and then the shines fades. After fading it leaves a stain on the lips like most red lipsticks do. 

Personally I am not a fan of MAC Lipsticks as they are very expensive and the quality, I find is not that great to shell out $36 for one lipstick, but all of us get suck into the hype of owning a MAC Lipstick and thats what happened to me. 




In the swatches below I did not use a lip liner and applied the lipstick straight from the tube.




Have you tried the lipstick in Dare You????

No comments:

Post a Comment