Monday 23 September 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Sheer Rush Lipshine and Sheer Rush Gloss Review


Hey Guys,

Today's post is going to be a review of the new Estee Lauder Pure Color Sheer Rush lip products that I have been testing out for quite sometime now.




Lipshine on its own

Lipshine on its own

The Pure Color lip shine in Plexi Pink:
This is a sheer lipstick which reminds me of Revlon's Lip Butters but with a harder consistency. They go on smoothly but do not provide much colour even on layering it. It looks like a tinted lipbalm on the lips. Does not last very long, I had it on for about 2 hours and it was gone by the end of the 2 hours. The good thing is it does not leave the lips feeling dry after it has worn off. I could not find these on the Estee Lauder website but I am sure that the Estee Lauder counters still stock these. I bought this for A$45




Lipgloss on its own

Lipgloss on its own

The Pure Color Sheer Rush Gloss in Hot Fuse:
This is a sheer red lipgloss which provides good color payoff and feels great on the lips. It does not last very long, say about 2 hours after which the glossiness reduces to a sheen. I love how it feels, non sticky and gel like. The consistency reminds me of the YSL Glossy stains having that gel like feel on the lips. Honestly I hate lip glosses because they are usually sticky but this lip gloss has made me change my opinion about them. I have tried MAC, Lancome and Chanel lip glosses and hated them all. It does not leave the lips feeling dry after the shine has worn off which is a plus point. The retail price for this product is A$42. On the Estee Lauder website all the colors have sold out but I am sure they are still available at the EL counters. 

Overall I am very impressed with the gloss, not so much with the lip shine. In fact the gloss is more pigmented than the lip shine. I would highly recommend you to at least try the gloss on when you visit an Estee Lauder counter because it is amazing.

Till next time,



3 comments:

  1. Amzingly sexy colours! Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Estée Lauder lipsticks!
    Nice review :)

    Love,
    www.feather-esque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete